– Maximum Benefits: $25,000; $50,000; $100,000 and $500,000.
– Emergency Hospital: Up to the amount of insurance purchased for semi-private accommodation
– Physicians, surgeons and anesthetic services
– Private duty services of a Registered nurse up to $10,000*
– Diagnostics: Lab tests and X-ray examinations ordered by a physician.
– Ambulance Transportation: Licensed local air, land, or sea ambulance (including mountain or sea evacuation) to the nearest hospital, when reasonable and necessary.
– Emergency Air Transportation: such as air ambulance, one-way economy airfare, stretcher and/or a medical attendant to transport you to your country of origin due to a covered emergency sickness or injury *
– Medical Appliance: Rental of crutches or hospital-type bed, not exceeding the purchase price, and the cost of splints, trusses, braces or other approved prosthetic appliances*
– Follow-up visits as prescribed by the attending physician at the time of the emergency. Follow up visits must occur during the period of coverage and be directly related to the emergency. The emergency must occur during the period of coverage and has been reported to AGA.
– Prescription drugs or medications – one-month supply, to a maximum of $1,000.
– Professional Medical Services referred by a physician – care received from a licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath, chiropodist, podiatrist and acupuncturist – up to $500 per profession.
– Accidental Dental: Up to $4,000 for repair or replacement of whole or sound natural teeth damaged by an accidental blow to the face.
– Dental Emergencies: Up to $500 for the immediate relief of acute dental pain, other than provided under Accidental Dental.
– Transportation of Family or Friend: Up to $3,000 for a round-trip economy transportation to bring one family member or close friend to your bedside when advised by an attending physician OR to identify your remains in the event of your death. Up to $1,000 for accommodation, meals, essential telephone calls and taxi fares incurred by your family member or close friend after arrival. *
– Meals and Accommodation in the event you or your insured travelling companion are confined to hospital on the date on which you are scheduled to return home – up to $150 per day to a maximum of $1,500, or up to a maximum 10 days for commercial accommodation, meals, child care costs, essential telephone calls and taxi fares incurred by you or any insured travelling companion.
– Emergency Return Home: Up to $3,000 for the cost of one-way economy transportation to your country of origin if the covered sickness or injury requires your immediate return home during the period of coverage. This benefit also includes one additional insured family member. *
– Return of Deceased (Repatriation): In the event of death from covered condition, up to $10,000 is provided to return the body home, or up to $4,000 for cremation or burial at the place of death. The cost of a coffin or urn is not covered
– Accidental Death & Dismemberment: up to a maximum of the sum insured indicated on your confirmation of coverage, for accidental loss of life, limb or sight (excluding flight accident).
– Act of Terrorism: If you sustain a loss from an act of terrorism, the insurer will pay up to the aggregate limit described in the insurance policy.
– Flight to/from Canada coverage: Coverage begins on the later of: a) the date and time the completed application and premium are accepted by AGA or its representative; or b) the date indicated as the effective date on your confirmation of coverage; or c) the first time you exit your country of origin. Expiry time of coverage is the time within the Canadian time zone where the coverage was purchased.
* Subject to advance approval by AGA